Informal Probate Services
Call (602) 523-0100 Or Email Us At firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal Probate applies if you are asking the court to be appointed as the personal representative of the decedent’s estate. Informal Probate can be done for situations with a valid Will or without a valid Will. In general, you may apply to be the personal representative of the decedent’s estate if you are:
Over 18 years of age AND
- The surviving spouse of the decedent An adult child of the decedent
- A parent of the decedent A brother or sister of the decedent
- A person entitled to property of the decedent
- A person who was named as Personal Representative in the Will.
If there is more than one person who could possibly be the personal representative, it may be necessary to obtain a Waiver or Renunciation document from them. We will prepare these documents, if applicable.
Note: A death certificate is not required to open Probate in Arizona.
Informal Probate: We professionally prepare approximately 30 pages of probate legal documents. Our fee will range from $1395* depending on the level of service you require. We can provide Basic Document Preparation Services only or we can provide a Comprehensive Service Package. We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with a firm quote.
- In addition to our fee, you will have the following outside fees:
- Probate Court Filing Fee: $279.00 (Maricopa County, other counties vary).
- Publication cost: $40.00 (Maricopa County, other counties vary).
- Certified Copies of the Letter of Appointment: $30.50 each, or according to Court charges.
- Deed of Distribution: $110 each.
- County Recording Fee of Deeds, if any: $30 – $40 depending on the County
- Record Death Certificate, if not done already: $30 – $40 depending on the County
*This represents the total cost of the majority of informal probate documents we prepare. However, we reserve the right to charge additional fees if your particular situation is unusual, or if the costs, time, recording fees are higher than stated above. For example, a Tardy Informal Probate (meaning more than two years passed since the date of death) will cost a little more as each document is customized according to statutory requirements. However, we do not nickel and dime our clients. We always discuss fees with the client first.
NOTICE TO CONSUMER
Arizona Probate Services is an Arizona certified legal document preparer, certified by the Arizona Supreme Court. The purpose of a Certified Legal Document Preparer is to provide professionally prepared legal documents and procedural assistance at an affordable cost. A Legal Document Preparer cannot represent you in court. A legal document preparer is not a lawyer, is not employed by a lawyer, and cannot give legal advice, and communications with a legal document preparer are not privileged (meaning we are subject to subpoena).
This website is intended to provide general information about Arizona legal issues and process. However, legal information is not the same as legal advice, which is the application of the law to a specific situation. The information provided on this website is not intended or meant to provide a comprehensive picture of any particular situation.
Content copyright 2010-2011. Arizona Legal EASE, Inc. All rights reserved.